Aug 13, 2009

"My window" print exchange

I signed up for a print exchange with the theme: "My window", that was back in April and then it seemed like I had all the time in the world to finish on time in August. This has been one more reminder that I have no sense of time, even in July I thought August was far away. One day I read an email reminding us of the deadline; I checked my calendar and then I realized that I had just 1 week to finish not just the carving, but the whole edition.

I started working on the drawing, and then I carried the plate with me to any place where aflat surface was available. I finished on time, but...


Carving day and night ...


I'm ashamed to confess that I sent my prints 3 days late (I didn't consider the drying time!)

That's the real window.

4 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Beautiful and you really do have skeleton! I thought maybe it was just an imaginary add on, until the last picture.....

Terry Sargent Peart said...

You have a one-legged skeleton - how cool!

Terry Sargent Peart said...

PS - great print, I love your work. Now I'm sorry I didn't get involved in that exchange.

momentsinaneye said...

Hi, Just left Easttown Street Fair. Love your work. Excellant work. Any other shows coming up?